My new yellow clown goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Picked up a yellow clown goby over the weekend. Cool little fish. He seems to have found a nice perching spot on my power head. He does swim around the rest of the tank but, for now the power head seems to work for him. My question is, what do they like to eat ? I've tried sinking pellets and frozen brine shrimp. He seems to nibble at them but doesn't eat a whole lot. Is this normal ?

Attachments

• goby 002.jpg
    goby 002.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 116
I had one but he developed these yellow bumps in QT and died, he never ate ether. How long have you had him? The white coloration means hes stressed. They will eat baby brine shrimp but not frozen brine or pellets. What are your parameters?

Ive had bad luck w/these guys but you may have an opposeing experience. Good luck with him.

Only had him a couple of days. My water parameters are 0ppm across the board

Hmmm well we will see how it goes, they are really weak swimmers and get outcompeted for food easily. You may need to target feed him with a turkey baster. Thats what i do with my purple fire fish as all my other fish are much faster and bigger than them. May be whats going on with my angel and fire fish, the flame angel always scares the gobys into their cave so that they never get any food.

Thanks.
I'm sure he will get use to the tank in time. I've read that they can be picky eaters so I guess I'll try some different foods. I fed him tonight and the food just drifted past him and he didn't seem too interested in it. My clowns and chromis love the pellet food and brine shrimp though.

Both my clown gobies eat nls pellets, and all the frozen food I feed. The food you are feeding him might be too big for him...

Hi Carey.
The pellets I use are made by Sustainable Aquatics. 1.2mm size. they are pretty small. I know they fed him at the store and he gobbled it up. Looked like mushed up food mixed in water. I guess I'll have to ask what it is...lol

Back
Top Bottom