My planted 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - evil Nick's Album: 55 planted

95775-albums14649-picture71019.jpg

Built the stand, it all comes apart since working on such a low stand can be a PITA. Made a trim canopy for the top.
Underneath theres an

ehiem canister with almost every fitting and hose replaced with better stuff
A UV sterilizer..... that I dont use
CO2 canister
all my power hookup which I have to hard wire up

Stock uncludes

1 ghost knife - 6"
3 juvie angels
1 large angel from my 29
2 amazon puffers
4 neons (4 left)
4 dwarf rainbow fish
1 discuss - was a bad idea to add discuss but man this guy is tough and hangs in there

finnex led planted + on timer for 6 hrs a day, any more and I get BAD affects.

heres a walkthrough on the stand build with some extra pics

Evil Nick: aquariums

Heres my youtube channel with some stuff on the set up

Sign in - Google Accounts

Any advice, opinions and critiques are welcome.

Thanks to everyone whos spent time reading and answering my threads/questions during this setup as well.

Awesome tank!

Only critique would be to look at some tanks that are designed using the golden ratio. The driftwood in the middle of the tank seems to be the main focal point followed by the tiger lotus. The two focal points ATM look to me like they are challenging each other a bit with their placement.

I think if you moved the driftwood slightly to the right your eye would follow through the tank better.

Hope this is useful to you [emoji4] love the tank!

Awesome tank!

Only critique would be to look at some tanks that are designed using the golden ratio. The driftwood in the middle of the tank seems to be the main focal point followed by the tiger lotus. The two focal points ATM look to me like they are challenging each other a bit with their placement.

I think if you moved the driftwood slightly to the right your eye would follow through the tank better.

Hope this is useful to you [emoji4] love the tank!

Ive heard that ratio and honestly it doesnt really fly with me to much but I appreciate the tip. I actually placed the wood in the middle for territory purposes more than anything. I knew I Would be moving a few bigger fish (my grown angel) into the tank with juvies. I knew if the major break in the tank was off to one side the adult would obviously try to take the larger side for their own so I made both sides equal. The lotus was actually added far after the tank was set up from my 29 gallon (thats not my marine). I actually need to trim that sword on the right as well. As fast as I remove it, it just comes back.

I may pull it and ROAK it since I gave so much to my buddy I think hes done with it.

Great looking tank. The golden ratio is just a guide. Nothing more. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this is a very beautiful scape. Good job.

Ive heard that ratio and honestly it doesnt really fly with me to much but I appreciate the tip. I actually placed the wood in the middle for territory purposes more than anything. I knew I Would be moving a few bigger fish (my grown angel) into the tank with juvies. I knew if the major break in the tank was off to one side the adult would obviously try to take the larger side for their own so I made both sides equal. The lotus was actually added far after the tank was set up from my 29 gallon (thats not my marine). I actually need to trim that sword on the right as well. As fast as I remove it, it just comes back.

I may pull it and ROAK it since I gave so much to my buddy I think hes done with it.

That's fair enough [emoji4] everyone has a recipe that works best for them! As a photographer and graphic designer it's just something that I regularly use as composition tool and find it aesthetically pleasing. Hence why I called it the 'Golden Ratio' not the 'Golden Rule' as some people do.

Beautiful tank regardless! Love the lotus too! I always wanted one but they never were available where I lived when I used to have planted tanks.

Seeing your tank makes me want to set up another planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom