My pleco is uprooting everything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,

So last night I came home and all my real plants were floating at the top... I re put them
Back down and figured that my pleco
Was just Hungary because I hadn't given him his cucumber yet .. I re-secured the plant
Down And this morning I wake up and there all floating again. I have had him for 2-3 weeks and this is the first time he has started doing this... He's almost 4 inches... My tank is a 36 gallon... In the future if he gets too big he is going to my friends 250 gal tank... He's a common pleco. Is this a common thing that they do?

It is common!!! Common pleco is spoil and strong, not appropriate in a planted tank.
I always keep small algea eaters in my tank for that reason!!!

Lol ok I will put my plantes in my other tank... I didn't have alot... Like 4 but... I am going to keep him in there until he reaches about 7 inches or more and he will go to the 250... My friend is still trying to get a cycle going, so I figured I'd keep the little guy in my 36 gal until he gets too big..... Idk how long a 250 takes to cycle, but I guess I'll keep him till it does... He happens to be a mistake.. I tried to get a bristle nose which the pet store said they were giving me, so I just kept him because I liked the little guy and he'll have plenty of space in the big tank!!!

Back
Top Bottom