my polyps close

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjdebonis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had a ployps with 15 head for a while and it has closed up and has not opened up for three days. I do not know why it has stayed closed for the 3 days. My water is fine and i have had a salt spike. my salinty is at 28. :thanks:

I had the same problem recently and my LFS told me to run carbon for 24-48 hours and it worked perfect. They Came back out and are doing great. Seems like the polyps are very sensitive to pollutants/chems in the water and so the Carbon cleans it up. Not saying your water isnt right because I all my tests came out great. There must be some trace amount of something they dont like. Hope this Helps!

JLH-l3ioCub3 said:
I had the same problem recently and my LFS told me to run carbon for 24-48 hours and it worked perfect. They Came back out and are doing great. Seems like the polyps are very sensitive to pollutants/chems in the water and so the Carbon cleans it up. Not saying your water isnt right because I all my tests came out great. There must be some trace amount of something they dont like. Hope this Helps!

I had the same problem, when my skimmer crashed. Well not with that type of coral. Lol. Carbon is a great add to a tank with out a skimmer. The skimmer it's self will be just like carbon. That is if the skimmer is a low bio-load for the tank.

ENTER_NAME said:
I had the same problem, when my skimmer crashed. Well not with that type of coral. Lol. Carbon is a great add to a tank with out a skimmer. The skimmer it's self will be just like carbon. That is if the skimmer is a low bio-load for the tank.

You need to run some carbon media all the time with a reef.

Back
Top Bottom