My QT tank due to ICK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Little Ocean said:
I believe they are all natural extracts no iodine which in turn less stress to corals, it works I use it myself a five to ten minute bath does the trick

Very nice

CoralRx ingredients: Distilled water, Proprietary Blend of Natural Extracts. Contains no Iodine.

So unless we have a chemist do an analysis we have to take the word of hobbyists who have been using it for quite some time. That's how I found out about it.

Depending on where the coral comes from and how it looks I may give it a bath in ReVive (by Two Little Fishies) first. ReVive is a coral cleaner containing Oleum abietis and citris limon (0.5% each).

Ok sounds great. Added it to my opinions book. Im good on frags right now. Im studying everything i have and nursing the qt tank daily. They look much better today. Sg and salinity low and heats about 78.

Water change and wash down of the walls. The eggs fell of the fish so i hope i got them.?

don_chuwish said:
Wait, weren't you doing hypo salinity? You don't do both copper and hypo together.

- D

Its back to 1.009. They look great wiping diwn everday and water changes.

image-1905018652.jpg

The gamma is acting weird but eats and looks fine. Im going to create a few pvc house that are alike so i can clean one while one is in.

Still wiping and changing water. Today i also changed the filter.

This is a long wait :(

wiped down and change the filter?

don't do those things, lol. you will re-cycle and kill the fish! unless you're constantly changing the water to avoid a cycle?

I don't see a refractometer in the photo, just a hydrometer. That's just not dependable for Hyposalinity treatment. I thought you got a refractometer a couple of weeks ago, no?

I see the refrac, it's off to the right. you can only see the viewing window not the whole piece.

scottayy said:
wiped down and change the filter?

don't do those things, lol. you will re-cycle and kill the fish! unless you're constantly changing the water to avoid a cycle?

I have bio balls in there. I had to it was the filter o used with copper.

It will be ok i hope but the filter had no carbon. I had to slice it out for the copper treatment.

cmor1701d said:
I don't see a refractometer in the photo, just a hydrometer. That's just not dependable for Hyposalinity treatment. I thought you got a refractometer a couple of weeks ago, no?

Yeah i got one it was 90.00

Also i tested the calibrated refrac vrs the hydrom... The hydro is exactly 1 point lower in both SG and Salinity.

I know what i did but i had no choice i had just remembered the filter and freaked.

I have done this all wrong.

Technically now the start date due to my impatience and stupidness is 3-3-12. So by 4-3-12 they are going back to the display tank.

Which is doing fabulous minus a tiny crack i found.

Well everything looks great. Holding off on any water changes for a week to grow a better bacteria bed. My readings haven't been so hot. Im so torn by trying to expel the parasite cycle by water changing and changing too much water and starting a cycle over.

Late post i had to replace a filter by my mistake i made by doing copper and hypo-salinity.

However, im glad i changed it because i realized the carbon was missing and boy does a tiny 10 gallon need carbon.

I can't believe i was ever happy with a ten gallon.

:) growing is fun and painful

cmor1701d said:

Hey there where is an article on freshwater ick?

Today the fish look great. The gamma came back down from hiding and lives her new cup. I have the heat at 81 and the air stone going.

Ill test readings later and if perfect do a water change.

Still wiping every single thing each day.

Crossing fingers this go round.

Picking up my new Corallife light for the display tank. So excited!

Have a blessed day all!

Nothing new today. Fish are eating but the gamma has a stringy pop but its clear.

Im not sure what it is. Shes not eating well ether.

:(

Back
Top Bottom