My rams and tetras have ich!HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My heater isn't working so I'm getting another

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay got another they are set for 88 degrees. All the fish have it very badly.

Okay got another they are set for 88 degrees. All the fish have it very badly.
Unfortunately you can expect about 2 days of it getting worse, as the heat speeds up their reproduction. But then they start dying in their free swimming phase.

My fish also got quite a bit more appetite while the water was warm.

Yes I saw that the first time I put the heat up but it got cold and the temp dropped. Now it's awful so I'm feeding nutritious stuff a lot of fruit and veggies and keeping the tank clean. I also added a air pump because the cories were gasping.

Fish are doing better with the new heater though I had a guppy die. I really want another fish but...

Hey Emerald I'm glad to hear its getting better. You're brave going the heat way I guess your experience with heat will make me more brave to try it if I ever need too. I kept your situation in the back of my mind when I went to the LFS to get cory. I was much more cautious this time and decided to wait till I get a quarantine tank. Just in case!

^^ agreed! Heat, 2 weeks, good vaccuming. Works like a charm. Certainly nothing to be scared of.

I'm so impatient though! I want my male ram so badly. :(

So far all they have done is chased my cories a bit no nipping or anything and they haven't really staked territory but I think once I get a pair they might be a little more rude but not much

Omg, a few of my fish have faint spots. I freaked did water change cranked the heat up and added salt. My 2 long fined rosy barb had faint spots on there fins then I saw one of my coy angels had on faint spot on the dorsal fin. Now the spot is gone from the angel and the spots are so faint on the the Rosy. I'm not sure what's going on I know what ick looks like. It's just not easy to tell because the spots are so faint. I sure hope I'm not going to have an outbreak. The salt seems to really help what ever it is.

Oh my! I hope it's okay.

Well one of the rosy barb died. The Angel's one spot is gone and the other rosy is looking better but has a blood streak on the bottom fin. This is wired because it doesn't look like ick. All four of my Denisen barb are fine.

Well one of the rosy barb died. The Angel's one spot is gone and the other rosy is looking better but has a blood streak on the bottom fin. This is wired because it doesn't look like ick. All four of my Denisen barb are fine.

Ich can be in the gills and not visible, and can cause fish to flash (rub against things). If you have sharp edges in the tank that might explain it.

Well the other rosy barb died today. All the other fish have no signs of sickness. They do not seem stressed and there apatite is really good. My water parameters are good too. It's wired. My friend who is a hobby breeder warned me about the place I got them from and predicted they would die shortly after purchase. I guess he was right.

Nooooooo, my new male ram has ich and my new rummies. Grr. Heat is back up, I'm setting up a QT for the angels I'm planning on, not dealing with this again.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Yes, I am a Harry Potter Nerd. SO THERE! ✨ ?⚡

Back
Top Bottom