My Red Sea 130 Addiction exposed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, this is my Red Sea Max 130. Ive only had it for a week but got it used with 95% of the original water. It came with 6 fish, a few big muchrooms, live rock and the original sand. Ive bought 9 new hard and soft corals, anemones and so on. I was told if I buy fish right after I move the tank I will have problems. I was also told buying corals, anemones and so on are ok BUT Im wondering if that was good advice. Am I heading for problems? Im new to salt water so dont know alot. The live rock had a Dark Red, hard, unscrapeable, not very slimy alge I was told was good for the tank. Is it good? This may be the wrong section for questions but I thought I would try since I was makeing a post here. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

TYVM :)

p.s. alot of very good looking tanks out there. I hope mine is not too much of an eye swore. All you guys are doing a good job

Attachments

• DSC_0060.jpeg
    DSC_0060.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_0482.jpeg
    DSC_0482.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_0471.jpeg
    DSC_0471.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0473.jpeg
    DSC_0473.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 118
Yes It is a yellow Tang. I want to get a Blue Hippo Tang but not sure if they will get along. I want more color in there as well So I am going to start to buy smaller but more colorfull corals as well. Thank you for the compliments.

Well, I'm certainly no expert, but if I remember correctly, those tanks are 30 some gallons right? If so, that is entirely too small for a yellow tang... or a hippo tang... or im pretty sure any tang.

Ya your right. I got the tank used with the yellow tang in it. I learned that the tank is too small for Tangs so I guess Ill have to wait it out for any more fish. The yellow tang seems happy and is eating well but is there anything I should be looking out for as the time goes on? From what the previous owner said all the fish have all been in the tank for at least 1 year (3 blue Chromis, 1 yellow tang, 1 tomato clown and a coral beauty). Im guessing the tank is full as far as the fish count goes.

YEs, i must agree. very nice tank! I had one of those tanks and i left it in my car and when i came out of the store i seen a crack down the side. the heat from sun must have made it crack... i was so upset

as for your tangs? they are very pretty and i would have one my self if i had a larger tank. I have also understood they are prone to ICK if stresses out. watch for scratching, rapid breathing, hanging out in one section of the tank either up at the top or close to the bottom.

again.. VEry pretty tank!

Thank you for the compliments. I moved things around to make room for some new additions. I like having a cave for the fish to have a place to feel safe but it was too big before. Now there is a smaller cave and different levelled terraces above to add more Real Estate for corals. Anything I'm doing right is only from what I see you guys doing. Id like to say TY to everyone who posts. I learn 10 times more reading the posts here then I do from any other source.

2 pics from 2 different set ups I have had lately. ( had to make room for a few smaller Ricordea's I got but they need to attach to something before I add them in)

Attachments

• DSC_0099.jpg
    DSC_0099.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_0098.jpg
    DSC_0098.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_0079.jpg
    DSC_0079.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC_0084.jpg
    DSC_0084.jpg