My sea hare croaked.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdogg85

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After 10 months of service, my sea hare finally passed on. I will miss the little guy. He was plain looking, but was so cool and wasn't really a picky eater to boot.

So, now I am on the hunt for a new hare. Are there any suggestions besides stay away from them? I am mainly looking for size suggestions(smaller=younger). I got this one at only an inch long and he grew to 7 inches within 8 months. He had plenty to eat, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

You were very lucky that it did not nuke your tank when it died. Usually they will give off a dye that is poisonous when they die. Be careful of the next one.

I had a terrible fear of that when I saw the pale white blob on the sand, my cleaner shrimp and tiger cowrie were chowing down when I walked in. i had read about the pitfalls of owning one before I purchased him, I spend more time reading about this stuff than I do looking at the tank itself.

A comparison on the smell is 1 hare compares to 10 golf ball sized turbo snails laying in the summer sun.

I really could tell the bio load increased significantly because my scrubber had about 40 hrs growth added in 16 hrs time.

The hunt is still on for the next hare.

Back
Top Bottom