My SEAclone in action? Good or bad...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have never had a skimmer. I bought this one for practically nothing so even though people bashed it i figured id give it a shot. IMO crappy skimmer>no skimmer. So after one night this is what the collection cup looks like. Looks like it is doing something. Only mod I have done to the skimmer is the bioball mod, everything else is stock. Only other thing I want to do is cut the tube down in the collection tube so the bubbles dont have to rise as far. Anywho let me know if this looks like its doing good or not? Im no professional on it. :lol:

Attachments

• dcp03033_192.gif
    dcp03033_192.gif
    193.3 KB · Views: 20
  • dcp03034_205.gif
    dcp03034_205.gif
    171.2 KB · Views: 23
Looks from the pic that it is producing clear liquid. What you want is for it to produce dark-colored, disgusting sludge. Or at least a green liquid.

yup. the liquid in the bottom of the cup is that ugly brownish color. I think the condensation is more from the room being hot.

EDIT: I took the collection cup off and took a pic. There is a very dark brown smelling liquid stuff in the cup. For some reason I cant upload the pics on my computer but ill try to add them as soon as i can.

Civicman86 said:
EDIT: I took the collection cup off and took a pic. There is a very dark brown smelling liquid stuff in the cup. For some reason I cant upload the pics on my computer but ill try to add them as soon as i can.

Taste it to be sure, but it sounds like the right stuff.....

BTW please don't taste it ;P

mykpoz said:
Civicman86 said:

Taste it to be sure, but it sounds like the right stuff.....

BTW please don't taste it ;P

haha afer smelling it im not to hungry anymore :lol:

Why is it that people say they are not good then? Took me maybe 15 minutes to get it hooked up bioball installed and running? For the 7 bucks i paid for it im happy :)

They run in streaks. Sometimes they work, sometimes it is just a powerhead. I have one on my 30 and a Coralife SS on my 55. I change my SS cup 3 times before I change the Seaclone once.

AquaReefer said:
They run in streaks. Sometimes they work, sometimes it is just a powerhead. I have one on my 30 and a Coralife SS on my 55. I change my SS cup 3 times before I change the Seaclone once.
\

Is yours modded at all? I figured for damn near nothing it would be better than having nothing :). Its seems to be doing well for only being on for <2 days.

the best mod you can make to a seaclone is to cut a seal wich prevents the air from escaping between the inner tube of the skimmer and the outer tube of the skimmer and also seals up the collection cup to the skimmer. Try searching the net for a better description.

Hey, if you decide to pitch skimmer and get something else the maxi-jet powehead is worth $7. :wink: :wink:

But...it does look like it's working.

Tex said:
Hey, if you decide to pitch skimmer and get something else the maxi-jet powehead is worth $7. :wink: :wink:

But...it does look like it's working.

HAHA yup, I think it doing a desent job. Might not be the best but hey for 7 bucks it cant be beat. Thanks again Tex! Oh yeah I got accepted into the ME department at school. Another load off my shoulders. 8)

Back
Top Bottom