My Stocking Plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish4phil

Aquarium Advice Freak
Am I overstocked?

36G Bowfront Freshwater Community
Filter: Penn Plax Cascade 700 Canister (185 gph)
Plants: Medium plant level (med/high light, pressurized CO2, circulation pump, ferts) including foreground and background plants with floating plants
AqAdvisor: 74% Filter Capacity, 148% overstocked
Fish Stock Plan:
AquStockImage.php

I'm currently half way stocked on this plan at the moment (I have the 2 snails, 7 guppies, 5 zebra danios, 2 african dwarf frogs, 2 Sterbai Cory, 2 Panda Cory, 6 Neon Tetras, 1 Bristlenose Pleco)

Panda cory school so get 5 and the frogs may eat the small fish

I agree. It does sound a bit overstocked and the mollies have a large bioload.
Also I would not get the frogs. They need a shallow tank of 12" deep or less because they can get exhausted swimming up to the surface for air in a deep tank.
Also your filter is a little weak. You generally want your filter to be able to cycle the water through 10x an hour. So for a 36g you'd want a 360gph filter.

I would cut the mollies out too. Without them you are fine. I would also do 6 cory cats of the same species instead of the 4 of two different species.

Fish4phil already has two of each of the cories, so I would just get one more of each (the four minimum works fine with mixed species) for a total of six cories. I totally agree with dumping the frogs in addition to the mollies. This should get you close to a good balance--especially if you plant it well.

Back
Top Bottom