My tangs just started fighting??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrj

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We have a 125 gallon sw tank with a Naso, Vlamingi & Powder Blue tang. Two clown fish, engineer goby, a couple urchins and a brittle star. We have been starting to see in the last couple of weeks that our tangs have torn up or bitten fins. We aren't sure why they would start fighting after being together for two years. Or if maybe it is the engineer goby??

Any advice would be excellent.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to AA!

Sorry, I can't help, but I'm sure other members will be along that can, just wanted to extend you a welcome!

I also have a 125 gallon tank with three tangs. Mine do pretty good and have been together for about 4 yrs. I would say that those three tangs you have are definitely attitude tangs. I can understand if you just added them but after two yrs. Have you seen the aggression between them?

We only see them flare up at each other, but that is not constant at all. We have checked water quality to make sure it was ok and the clown fish fins all look good too.

Is a 125 too small for all of them? I have seen many more large fish in a 125 and they seemed to be doing fine.

The Vlamingi and naso will overgrow the tank in yrs to come, but in general all tangs beat up on each other. By chance, what size are they now?

The vlamingi is about 6"-7" and the powder blue and naso are about 4"-5". I wondered if that is why they started picking is because they need more territory.

I need a bigger house!:)

Back
Top Bottom