My tank, suggestions wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefScrub

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455744542.742339.jpg

This is my tank it's an Ocean View corner tank by Aquavim 85 gallon (tank is 24 inches deep) I have two current USA Led marine lights one 36 inch in the front and one 24 inch in the back. They run about 80% for 7 hours a day. In between them is a two bulb t5 fixture with one special blue and one coral purple bulb. I run at 80 degrees with a sump below plumbed from the basement. In the tank are two koralia evolution 1050-1150 that are on opposites ends tilted slightly downward towards the middle reflecting off the glass and run opposite of each other every 2 hours or so. Above the right one is a tiny koralia that just points upward to move water towards my overflow which is positioned in the center of the back of the tank. On the left side all the way to the back of that side I have a Jebao RW-8 that pushes water straight over the top my live rock in pulses creating a nice wave pattern mixing with the alternating koralia. My return pump sits a few centimeters under the water surface right square in the middle of the tank. Any suggestions on improving anything? Lighting? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

View attachment 284901

This is my tank it's an Ocean View corner tank by Aquavim 85 gallon (tank is 24 inches deep) I have two current USA Led marine lights one 36 inch in the front and one 24 inch in the back. They run about 80% for 7 hours a day. In between them is a two bulb t5 fixture with one special blue and one coral purple bulb. I run at 80 degrees with a sump below plumbed from the basement. In the tank are two koralia evolution 1050-1150 that are on opposites ends tilted slightly downward towards the middle reflecting off the glass and run opposite of each other every 2 hours or so. Above the right one is a tiny koralia that just points upward to move water towards my overflow which is positioned in the center of the back of the tank. On the left side all the way to the back of that side I have a Jebao RW-8 that pushes water straight over the top my live rock in pulses creating a nice wave pattern mixing with the alternating koralia. My return pump sits a few centimeters under the water surface right square in the middle of the tank. Any suggestions on improving anything? Lighting? Thanks

Also I've been having some algae issues on the rocks but very segregated.

If you are looking to upgrade, you could easily start with upgrading the lighting...but what are you looking to improve on?
If you are having some algae show up, why not make an algae turf scrubber to add to the system?

What lighting set up would you recommend? I do like the LED look to the tank. The current USA's are ok mid range lights. I'm upgrading my sump next, probably a trigger ruby or emerald

Hello Paul, currently I run my plumbing down into the basement where I have a small eshopps sump and a refugium I made myself. Here's a picImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456289479.532301.jpg

Hello Paul, currently I run my plumbing down into the basement where I have a small eshopps sump and a refugium I made myself. Here's a picView attachment 285046

Looks good! You could always easily add a reactor if you wanted. GFO helped me considerably with my algae issues by getting phosphates in check. Also, do you have a decent CUC?

Thanks again Paul. On the far right I do have one of those phosban 150's (can't see it really) running phosguard currently

Back
Top Bottom