My tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hardridge

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here is a pic of my tank any suggestions? I have what I thk is a sun polyp at top it opens when I feed but that's it

image-530171965.jpg

Attachments

• image-2593122642.jpg
    image-2593122642.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 131
Could you post a clearer pic please? If it is a sun coral, it won't need to be so high up as they aren't photosynthetic. You will need to feed it regularly for it to survive. Also, I like your rockwork, it looks nice.

Hardridge said:
Here is a pic of my tank any suggestions? I have what I thk is a sun polyp at top it opens when I feed but that's it

90 gal reef temp 78 ORP 415 PH 8.2
Lighting: 5 par38 LEDs, 2 t5s, 3 moonlights30 gal sump w/broken coral pieces, mangroves, reef lite controller]

Thx I will try to take another pic. So put sun coral closer to bottom? I feed tank three times a week I try and stop feed everythg

You should spot feed every other day to everyday for the sun coral. It doesn't matter where you have it, but it would help if you could put it in a place with a high concentration of nutrients. Do you have a syringe or pipette? You will need to mix the food in tank water and blow it on the coral.

needmorecowbell said:
You should spot feed every other day to everyday for the sun coral. It doesn't matter where you have it, but it would help if you could put it in a place with a high concentration of nutrients. Do you have a syringe or pipette? You will need to mix the food in tank water and blow it on the coral.

Yes I do and I will start doing that thx for info

Hardridge said:
Yes I do and I will start doing that thx for info

Fed this
Opening and put toward bottom so far it's been open all day

No problem. Im pretty sure that means its filter feeding. What are you feeding it? I think there are some food made specifically for corals but shrimp and brine should be fine.

needmorecowbell said:
No problem. Im pretty sure that means its filter feeding. What are you feeding it? I think there are some food made specifically for corals but shrimp and brine should be fine.

I have a couple coral foods I feed every other dsy

needmorecowbell said:
That should be good.

I love this site. Been keeping reefs off and on for 12yrs but have much to learn. Thx for info

Hardridge said:
I love this site. Been keeping reefs off and on for 12yrs but have much to learn. Thx for info

Haha I love it too, I've been in it for about 3 months now lol but I did a lot of research before this. Mostly because I was broke lol. And this is what the site is for : learning!

Back
Top Bottom