My Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No it had just swam up top, I think it's just a bad pic to be honest. I'm going to upload a vid when I get time of the behaviour I was on about as my fish seem healthy enough.

So now its just acting normal again? And that's the only fish in the while tank doing that?

It doesnt do it all the time, and it's 2 of them that do it. It swims normally but occassionly behaves they way I tried to describe.

RIP baby twig! Got up this morning and it was on the bottom of the tank not breathing. Left it for a bit to check as I thought it would float? But no! :'( I think maybe it was to small and not getting enough food. I should have got both catfish at the same time I think ad twiggy us huge now!

RIP baby twig! Got up this morning and it was on the bottom of the tank not breathing. Left it for a bit to check as I thought it would float? But no! :'( I think maybe it was to small and not getting enough food. I should have got both catfish at the same time I think ad twiggy us huge now!

Oh no! :'( That is really sad :(. Maybe not enough food. No marks or anything?

No marks at all! I'm shocked as its been active and seemed healthy enough. I upped the times i added algae wafers to the tank every day broken up into bits and spread around the tank. All I can put it to is twiggy may have been a little possessive of her tank. She's very settled and has surprisingly started shooing the barb away if she gets too annoying.:'(

No marks at all! I'm shocked as its been active and seemed healthy enough. I upped the times i added algae wafers to the tank every day broken up into bits and spread around the tank. All I can put it to is twiggy may have been a little possessive of her tank. She's very settled and has surprisingly started shooing the barb away if she gets too annoying.:'(

Hmm. Did you see it eating?
Twigs are supposed to be peaceful and shy so I'm surprised twiggy is getting a bit territorial.

Twiggy is very confident different from what ive read about them! I never actually saw the little one eat but I presumed it was eating due the activity. I've been having the light off most of the time due to my platy being heavily pregnant and have been watching them at night with the light from my phone. They were both very active!

Twiggy is very confident different from what ive read about them! I never actually saw the little one eat but I presumed it was eating due the activity. I've been having the light off most of the time due to my platy being heavily pregnant and have been watching them at night with the light from my phone. They were both very active!

Haha. You were stalking your platys ;). If you really didn't see it eat, it prob didn't eat ( or ate very little ). Are you gonna get another one or just leave the tank as is?

I spotted a baby tetra a few hours ago!

ForumRunner_20130807_232018.jpg

ForumRunner_20130807_232035.jpg

Plus ginger seems very ready to have her 2nd batch off baby platys!

I'm guessing my biggest tetra is the female, and the more docile lighter smaller us male?!

ForumRunner_20130811_093346.jpg

ForumRunner_20130811_093404.jpg

ForumRunner_20130811_093625.jpg

Such a cute baby!
ForumRunner_20130811_093657.jpg

Back
Top Bottom