My time for a build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update

Ok, quick update, i went and got the guppies yesterday. It was a 20g tall tank and it was stuffed with guppies. There was so much imbreeding that some of the guppies had things wrong with them. for example some had bent spines and stuff. So i just scooped through the tank with a net and put them in a bag and picked at the healthiest looking ones i could find. BUT what i didnt think about was that i got like 8 males and 4 females, so now the females are getting picked at too much. So got to find a way to get rid of some males and i am gonna go buy some new stock to get some new genes in there pool. I am going out of town this weekend but next week i am gonna go get some rock and i am gonna get some more plants from severum mama here soon.

Here is a question for you. MY GUPPIES ARE TEARING 1 OF MY PLANTS APART. how do i stop them from doing that?

dscf3772q.jpg

Heres a updated pic of the tank.

dscf3780b.jpg

I will try to take a pic tonight if i can as they always turn out better.

Well I FINALLY found 1. My lfs called me out of the blue (actually at a really bad time) and told me they found a cacellian worm. They are getting 2 but i will only can afford 1 :(. I am thinking if i can see if they could hold it for 2 weeks (wont happen) i will have my next paycheck but i can use that money. I was gonna buy some rock from lowryder this week but my family is going through some tuff times and i have to chip in everyonce in a while and it was one of those times. So Lowryder, if your reading this i apologize for the wait but it will have to wait tell the next paycheck. But updates will be Wednesday when i go pick it up.

Not difficult at all. About the same as a African Clawed frog. Lets say they are not cheap but i want to start some breeding though. Lets say it more then 50 and less then 60.

Ya, i would add them both now but i have 0 money after this. A real update will be in about 2 weeks as i will be putting about 80 bucks into the tank for rock and plants (lowryder and severum mama).

Umm I think we're gonna need some really good pic's....
seriously the tank looks great, can't wait to see whats next.

This is really cool! I like the look and you are totally giving me ideas for my 75g when I get back from Iraq! What light fixture is that?

Why? Do i finally have another rep/amphibian fan on this site?

ehh im more of an invert/reptile fan...
and i envy you because i cant wait to start on a planted tank...
ever since ive joined this forum thats all i can think about is what i can do with a big enough aquarium and FW fish and plants....well okay i dont completely think of that, i also have to keep my 3 scorpions in mind too...they are after all my first love =)

Ya, i have 2 lizards of my own. But the tank is pretty cool but i am focusing more on the oddball part of it.

PICS will come tommorrow of my live gold.

wow im impressed. nice tank etunes.i would like to see what you could do with sw also. can we have pics of the other ones too?

Update

Well i have a update, It is pics of the cacellian worm.

dscf3832.jpg

dscf3834r.jpg

He is just as cool as i thought, and he feels awesome.

Now for some questions. some guppies are being nipped and 1 pore guppy has like no tail. Also my angelfish had a nip on him when i put him in my tank from him being in a 10g with the red tail shark. Well now he has a big tear in his top fin (see pics below). I am gonna guess that it is the festivum. I have seen 0 aggression but obviously there is some. Everyone also seems happy still. Is there any way that i can get him to stop. Do you think it is a lack in privacy? He had a cave before. But now he takes shelter in the leave trees on the left. Help?

Pics of tank rearranging will come tonight when it is dark. I cant wait tell i have the $$$ to get rock so i can make real caves.

Forgot pics of angel.

Before
dscf3802m.jpg

After
dscf3828y.jpg

He looks beat up in the second pic but that is just the blurryness. His scales and body is fine just got nipped.

P.S., anyone int he Southwest Florida that wants free guppies (as i have too many males and they are doing crazy harrassing to my females) and possibly a free festivum PM me.

That caecalian is going to eat your gups :D. Yum. I've always wanted one of those or a siren...too bad they are crazy expensive and my family members think worm-like water creatures are just one step above number 2.

I will follow this. Etunes, can you send me a link to a tank size calculator. I forget what topic it was posted on that I made. Last time I calculated my tank, it read 55 gallons but from the picture on your first post, my tank looks the same size empty as yours. I am kind of convinced that it might be the same type too. I'm not sure what my tank's brand is though since I got it used and it doesn't have any tags other than saying it is tampered glass.

Back
Top Bottom