my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was cleaning and scraping algae off my glass and forgot he was there I got 2 nasty stings lol Hurts like a ******* about 4 or 5x as painful as a bee sting

Well no fish for awhile... My girl and I decided that for the last couple of fish, we are gonna save up and make one large purxhase online.

Yeah id have to agree. Its extremely hard for a lfs to carry the vast amounts of species that online stores do. Dont be worried, most online stores include a 14 day guarantee, even on sw fish

I think its way to many fish. several of those get over a foot in length.

Thank you for your input, not gonna be ordering for prob 2-3 months , today was maintence mondays! Did a 30g pwc on the beast about an hour ago, heres the numbers BEFORE pwc
Ammo 0
Trites- 0
Trates 20-30
Temp 82
Sg 1.027 (yikes)
Ph 8.2
Will be retesting in a few, must say im surprised by the trates being so relatively low, thats 13 days since the last pwc...dang good for a non tweeked setup. Wait till I get anpther 100lbs of sand, 1050 hydors, and a custom sump.
Also did a 4g pwc on my sons 10g guppy tank, and cleaned the filter. Ohh I also cleaned the filter floss and tge protein skimmer on the sw tank.
Spent 2 hours scrubbing the overflows, what a difference, also flipped the black baclground for the blue....amazing difference. Results in a few

Trates are at 5-10!!! Sg is sitting at 1.025. (love it) also decided to cut up some filter floss and place in the outlets of the overflow into my refuge.. Was looking at the tank and noticed tiny particles floating arpund.. its gone down considerably

I would get more than one hydrometer though, especially since my little one in the tank says it is 1.038 (not likely) but my normal one says 1.023 and my fish and CUC are doing fine... hmm... which one should I trust... LOL

I want to get one of those fancy ones. Spectrometer? We have one here at work for coolant. So easy to use and accurate. Come on payday

Maybe I'm just that anal that I want to use a spectrometer. Really figure out what's in my water.

Thank you Carey for the link and correcting me as politely as you did. Yes a refractometer is what I ment.

Back
Top Bottom