my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well after close examination, it looks like only the butterfly has it so far...got the first treatmen in...I really hope this works:(

I know the feeling, you know I do. I hate watching helplessly by and seeing fish die. I hated whatever wiped out my fish those months ago...I actually cried and coudln't remove the dead b&w's clowns from the qt tank. B/f had to do it.

not gonna lie, if something happens to any of my fish ill be very upset, but if by chance something were to happen to my lion ill prob cry. BUT i do feel optimistic in the fact that i think i got to it early, well relatively early.guess its a waiting game now

Just keep a close eye on ALL your fish and be ready to qt them if necessary. You do have something to qt in right? Hopefully....ich is a nasty little bugger and a heck of a thing to get rid of for certain.

i def am keeping an eye out, and i have 13-10g tanks.... think thats enough for a few qt's?? lol

Good deal, youre ready. just keep in mind you'd have to dose every tank or adjust the salinity down for hypo treatment in each tank, that is if the ich spreads. here's hoping you luck out...

think i should get on hypo-salinity now?? heard it can stall the ICH...i mean i dont have any corals or inverts so id imagine the fish would be ok

That idea I have no clue on, sorry. Wouldn't the low salinity kill off the pods and other beneficial critters living in your live rock? That'd be my concern..

theres two blue-legged hermits that migrated but i havent seen them in prob 6 weeks..and as for pods, i dont believe i have any...ive looked with flahlight at night for weeks and can never see any. i dont really want to kill off any lil critters but if it means saving hundreds of dollars of fish, so be it

This is a very good point. I'm hoping one of our in house experts logs on soon and answers it. i would love to know if it will affect the live rock. You might be lucky that you didn't go reef.

lets hope...if i can get a good solid "do it" answer, imma start on it by swapping out freshwater for tank sw 1 gallon at a time...

You making water now or are you covered by emergency water? This could be one of those times when you really "need" it now. I keep about 20g as backup on top of the 32g I work with during the week

i dont keep fw on hand, i simply use de-chlor water... idk if i am gonna get a rodi:( we seem to consume a TON of water in my house and at a reject rate of 3:1...it would only compound that problem

I have not seen my water bill go up a cent really. I use ALOT of water as you can imagine. lol

In fact I should be making water right now. hehe I'm about to do a pwc on one or two tanks. Havent decided on how ambitious i wanna be. :)

haha yeah i wouldnt be able to handle all those tanks...i was speaking more outside of the tanks in terms of water usuage though, our last statement said we used 9200g of water....thats a TON

With a wife and three daughters the RO/DI is the smallest consumer in the house. LOL I swear my 20 year old takes three showers a day.

I pay $15 a month for my water/sewer bill so I can't complain. I never looked at the consumption though, it's gotta be alot. I must go through 1000g just for my tanks. Plus the waste water fromt he ro/di unit

carey said:
I pay $15 a month for my water/sewer bill so I can't complain. I never looked at the consumption though, it's gotta be alot. I must go through 1000g just for my tanks. Plus the waste water fromt he ro/di unit

Try living in Colorado.... 175!

Back
Top Bottom