my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just seeding your tank with pods isnt enough for a mandarin. lol You need a serious population and that has to build over time. And then it needs to become stable. I have total pod outbreaks in my tank every few weeks but it doesnt mean I could sustain one.

Those poor beautiful fish usually starve in home aquariums. They can be taught to eat prepared foods but thats a big maybe. even if you buy an ORA one theres no guarantee that he will not revert back to pods. You just have a better shot at keeping one alive.

Def gonna keep that in mind. Pods have been added to my list of things to buy come fridays fishy shopping spree. And google searching ora mandarin was a bad idea on my part :( they are gorgeous and now I def want one! My only question is, aside from the whole pod issue, do you think given my stock list do you think that I can eventually get a mandarin? Just don't want anyone picking on him

******edit**** down the road a bit, if I'm able to get one, I'm gonna shell out the extra 20 bucks and get an ORA, just because I feel that their fish are worth the extra money.

I think your aggressive fish might give him a hard time. Plus it's rough for feeding if there are other fish taking the food before the mandarin can get it. I plan on feeding mine the same way I feed the scooter, with the turkey baster. lol

I've been waiting since early this year to get an ORA mandarin, just have been waiting for my tanks to age. :)

My triggers and damsels left my scooter alone, even when out in the open. As a matter of fact, the only person they have been aggressive to is me lol. I've been biten by both triggers and a damsel:( hopefully they will leave him alone, ill research a bit more over the next few days and and make a decision....def don't wanna go through months of waiting just to watch him get bullied

Well I received a random pm from a AA member that lives about 5 minutes from me stating he has sw gear I may want. Well after a 45 minute call about fish and sw and the such. I'm going to meet him saturday to pick up a refractometer and a few other goodies:) getting the refractometer for 35 bucks!! I'm so excited bc I was gonna buy a new one friday. On another note, this morning was quite productive..did a pwc on the 125 and my 20 fw, emptied my 10g tiger barb jail... Getting rid of this demon. Now off to work and more aa surfing:)

Here's the result of buying the 125g...my 20l planted in the bedroom..to the left is the 10g tiger barb jail...don't mind the clutter

284144_2207416351116_1418647088_2554443_765366_n.jpg

Hey that looks alot like my dresser, do I need to go see if it's still in my room? LMAO

Hey I asked for help making a stand....noone answered so I took your dresser! And the tall matching one too

Ohh and another note, today marked the first day of my multi-month plan to raid cl for free 10g tanks....I decided instead of spend money on 15-20 10g tanks ...ill just collect them from cl for free :)
I seen a 300g tank for 400.....its 10 feet long!!!!!!!

Holy cow. 10 feet. K so you took 2 of my dressers. Why pray tell did you not take the headboard?????? Then I can just go get a whole new set :) After my tank though.

yeah its absurd...shoulda saved the pic...could you imagine how amazing a en footer would look under some leds or high powered t5's??
see i secretly stashed 200 bucks under your couch cushion;) better buy some dang good equip with that money!! had someone contact me already about 4-10g tanks, he wanted 10 bucks a piece...i offered him 5, will know tomorrow...if i get them thatll bring my total to 6 and i can sart building my shelving this weekend:) (guys crazy if he thinks im gonna pay 10 a piece when i can buy them brand new for that.)

A pic of my pea puffer asleep in the corner of the 20l fw. Makes me laugh everytime I see him sleeping

268077_2208224291314_1418647088_2555818_1354068_n.jpg

I'm cycling right now and once my levels get high do I do a pwc or let the levels go up and down until the stabilize or what

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom