My water is cloudy... WHY??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dja3617

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
API master kit shows 6.8 PH no Ammonia no Nitrites and about 80 ppm of nitrate I believe my tank has finally cycled but why is my water still cloudy I feed my fish once a day very anal about how much. lately its been every other day because I was having ammonia problem so I just dont get the cloudy water. I use a aquaclear 110 filter I have 5 platys 2 mollys 4 tetras 2 pectis cats 2 dwarf garamis 3 clown loaches and 1 BGK

API master kit shows 6.8 PH no Ammonia no Nitrites and about 80 ppm of nitrate I believe my tank has finally cycled but why is my water still cloudy I feed my fish once a day very anal about how much. lately its been every other day because I was having ammonia problem so I just dont get the cloudy water. I use a aquaclear 110 filter I have 5 platys 2 mollys 4 tetras 2 pectis cats 2 dwarf garamis 3 clown loaches and 1 BGK

That's alot of nitrate you need do water change f its above 40

Could that be causing the cloudy water.. and what oercentage of water should I change

Looks like algae bloom ... You could do a big water change and black out tank for a while with something so no light gets in like 50% water change

Not sure but algae feeds off of it I think. And I would do a 50 % water change next day too cuz I think 50 % WC would get u to 40 nitrate and I try keep mine under 10

Its not really a green cloudy its more milky white I would say the green is the refelction from the gravel and fake plants

Not sure then.. But water change is still needed and may help... Maybe try feeding a bit less food

And the problem with blacking out the tank is I have some live plants

Well there's no need to blackout unless its algae bloom .. Plus if it is you can move plants to a bucket for a while ... I would put the water in your tank in a clear cup just to see if it looks green against white background to be sure

When my water was slightly cloudy I added and extra 20 gal filter and changed about 50% water. Then I just made sure to turn lights off after about 9 hours of use, it seems to have worked! What fish so you have and what filter are you runnin?

Back
Top Bottom