Mystery fry, wondering who else is pregnant!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kbecksb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have a 3month old tank with 2 mollies, Platys, and a beta. I found a little fry the other day and have since protected it with a net in the tank. I did a little research trying to find out where this little guy came from and in my uneducated fish opinion, I'm thinking 1-2 of my other fish may still be pregnant.

But you guys are the experts! - Can you let me know if either of these guys are preggy, and if so, what's your estimation until they pop? I'd like to save a couple if I can... And if you really want a challenge, Who's baby fry is this!?

Pictures attached, Thanks!

Attachments

• Molly Preggy 1.jpg
    Molly Preggy 1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Molly Preggy 2 .jpg
    Molly Preggy 2 .jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Platy Preggy.jpg
    Platy Preggy.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Fry.jpg
    Fry.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 57
I'd say Molly fry. She's box shaped and looks like she's starting to pop them out. Watch her close. Platy looks like she's maybe halfway. When they get the box shape to the belly it's time to really watch. I've put my Molly's in a bowl floating in the tank and they gave me about 20 baby's each in the bowl. My male will never leave my girls alone. He's like a little hound dog. Lol! The bowl just helped them to be less stressed from him.

Back
Top Bottom