Mystery Snails towering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgana

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All
This is my first post.
I'm a new member.
I have 4 large mystery snails that live in a large clean filtered heated large tank together with no fish or other snails.
I have checked multiple times,the water quality and temperature is all very good for mystery snails.They are usually very happy and active.Now they have started to behave differently,they have never done this before.They keep forming towers in a corner of the tank and stay there for hours.
They are well fed,clean water,only new thing I added was white aquarium sand.I washed the sand very very well before adding it.
I'm worried.please advise why they maybe towering like this.
Any help will be much appreciated
Thank you

Attachments

• 20240417_015255.jpg
    20240417_015255.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1
Hello All
This is my first post.
I'm a new member.
I have 4 large mystery snails that live in a large clean filtered heated large tank together with no fish or other snails.
I have checked multiple times,the water quality and temperature is all very good for mystery snails.They are usually very happy and active.Now they have started to behave differently,they have never done this before.They keep forming towers in a corner of the tank and stay there for hours.
They are well fed,clean water,only new thing I added was white aquarium sand.I washed the sand very very well before adding it.
I'm worried.please advise why they maybe towering like this.
Any help will be much appreciated
Thank you
Hi and welcome to the site. :flowers:
Snails will do all kinds of silly and crazy things. Only they really know why they do it. Maybe they found a spot of algae so they all want to try and eat it. I see 2 of them out of the water so maybe they are getting ready to lay eggs. You say the tank is clean but the water in the picture looks cloudy so maybe they are trying to get out of the water because it is irritating them. ( if it is cloudy, I would do some water changes to try and clear that up.) Maybe that's the coolest or warmest section of the tank so they they are trying to cool off /warm up. If they are only staying in those formations for a few hours vs all the time, I would not be too concerned about it as long as the water parameters are correct and the water is clean. (y)

Back
Top Bottom