Name that cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
naah...you are too good at humoring people...i was mad at thinking it was a juli...

actually i have shut out auratus so completely out of my system that even a full grown male will look like a lab to me... :mrgreen:

HAHA. You HAVE seen the pic of the male, correct? :D Attractive fish, too bad the male is so aggressive.

Well, I have them right now in with the zebras and kenyi. They seem to be holding thier own. If it becomes a problem, they will find a tank to themselves to thier liking I'm sure. Thanks again to you both. :D

The Kenyi is also another aggressive Cichlid. So that is a good tankmate choice. And I know that you probably already know this, but make sure you have LOTS of hiding places. They should live happily together as long as they have their own little home. :D Congrats on the arrivals. I didn't know you had an African tank.

its really a shame they have to be so aggressive. you won't believe it but petco here has about 7-8 semi-adults in a 10g. and i'm sure atleast more than two are males...
they look so cute together (barring the occasional tiff)...i swear i'd have bought some if i didn't know about them...

I brought one home and when I found out how aggressive they are I watched her like a hawk but when I saw the yellow labs nipping at her, I figured there wouldn't be a problem. :D It's just too bad that the employees at the lfs aren't more educated on these types of fish.

I went shopping for them today and bought a ton more flat rocks for them. I'll begin building thier new cichlid condo tomorrow. :wink:

Oh, and thanks again FF for that link. By the looks of it, I may have a pair. The one is very bright yellow and the other is starting to turn black on it's belly.

Here is the one I think may be turning black, male?

It looks like it could be turning, but the pic doesn't come too clear on my side. If it is a male, watch them closely for aggression.

Well, today it looks bright yellow again so maybe it was just stress. Thanks for the heads up though.

Back
Top Bottom