Name that disease....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rodeo one

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anybody know what s wrong with my Sterbai Cory on the left? She eats & acts normal. Finished 4 days of Tetracycline last Thurs. in case it s fin rot. She looks the same or worse. The other 7 are fine. Would really appreciate any help.

image-2627080286.jpg

The top fin kind of crumpled down & the tail is shorter, too. This fish had worn his barbels off on gravel ( I ve since switched to sand). So wandering about that.

I'm sorry but I really dont know what to say about this. There are some illnesses that can cause discoloration but there would be other symptoms associated with it.

id say its to do with a bacterial infection because of the worn barbels, once worn they become infected very easily. now that they are in sand, do alot of water changes, daily if you can. that is the best way to treat worn barbels

Thanks Army. Do u think the Tetracycline treatment & WC is all I need to do? I have the Cory in a 10g hospital tank with that other Cory in the pic, his top fin has a small tear & his barbels were gone, too. Can see short barbels on the other 6 in the main tank. Just wish I would ve switched to sand sooner but moving forward.....

Anyone else? Really need some expert opinions here. Thanks again to those that responded .

Seriously, the 'fake' picture gets more responses than my plea for help?

Ok here I am. I have seen this with almost ALL Sterbaii. Including mine. Not fatal and relatively easy to treat. For some reason Sterbaii seem to have sensitive skin amongst other things. In my experience with Sterbaii the only thing they seem to respond well to is Voogle. (google it). You can get it at some LFS or on drsfostersmith.com
It is all natural homeopathic medicine that strengthens immune system. It looks like yours has the 'white slime patch" on his head. This also helps with that.
IMO a little salt does a body good. I always put a couple rocks or pieces of aquarium salt with every water change. It adds very beneficial electrolytes !!!!
Please try to get Voogle just follow directions. You cannot over dose.

You are very welcome. Has never let me down !! Use it until you feel they are better. It can't hurt. I have always used it adding new fish to prevent ICH , and I use it for common "body slime" common with Cory's. they all seem to have skin issues.

Back
Top Bottom