Nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would like to know too! I would love to have a nano reef...that would be awesome. Can 1 clown fish go in somthing like this? Thanks!

seems to be a good one. Fluorescent tube and good mechanical+biological filters. Would consider one myself if I saw that at my LFS!

i have had one at an old job they actually are curved class, use pc lighting, and have wet, dry filters built into the back. There is also room for carbon bags or ceramics. I have seen them used for some corals, LPS and softs, they did well, also i have seen them used for dwarf seahorses and they to did well. One small perc. should due fine in one, a drawback though is that most of the bioballs in the sump are fully submerged. JC

HTH

I wouldn't suggest a clown or any other fish in a nano unless you have experience with SW to begin with; water parameters are extremely difficult to keep in a SW tank that size with the addition of fish waste (notice you don't see any in the pics). However, a SW nano tank with some inverts is pretty cool!

Its a cute tank too.

i owuld have to disagree since most inverts corals and shrimp alike are more sensative to water changes and therefore a clown is a better choice.

True they are sensitive, but their influence on bioload is limited compared to fish, which means less a chance of water parameters going out of whack in an eyeblink.

good point but im thinking of spikes in salinity and temp which could cause a prob, nevertheless if i went with a mini reef it;s the tank to do it in,

LOL And good point back to you.

In other words folks, nano tanks take a lot of work LOL

My plans are for a freshwater tank with low light plants. They are also in the near future coming out with a C02 unit for it.

I saw the nano cube in a LFS the other day. I was wondering how well that would work out planted.

I don't have a good understanding of the wpg rule and tank size. Would 2 wpg on this tank be low light (says 24W bulb) ? Would CO2 be beneficial ?

BTW I saw some posts in another forum where there were some complaints about the ballast...
http://www.plantedtank.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3200

Back
Top Bottom