Nano lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScubaSteve8040

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 70 watt mh clamp light on my 10 gallon nano. It is the viper hqi mh light. It is about 4 inches from the surface. Should I be using other lights as well or is this sufficient?

with that amount of light you should be able to toast the sand to a nice brown.

Anything in particular you were looking to keep?

Just rather have to much rather than not enough. I can always raise it. It is now about 8 inches off the surface. Will this be ideal?

I currently have a 70 watt mh clamp light on my 10 gallon nano. It is the viper hqi mh light. It is about 4 inches from the surface. Should I be using other lights as well or is this sufficient?

I have the sunpod 70w hqi over my ten and its only 4" off the surface of my water you should be fine. I have softy's, lps, 1 clam and a couple pieces of sps.

pokmijn said:
I have the sunpod 70w hqi over my ten and its only 4" off the surface of my water you should be fine. I have softy's, lps, 1 clam and a couple pieces of sps.

Do you add any supplements or just water changes?

Do you add any supplements or just water changes?

At first i didn't add anything just water change but as i started stocking more corals i couldn't keep my calcium level up so i started a two part dosing but if you want to dose make sure you test for what you are dosing. But just stay on top of waterchange and you'll be fine. The only reason why i started dosing was because i dont have anytime to do waterchange since i work fulltime and go to school fulltime. But i skim so it helps a lot when i miss waterchanges.

pokmijn said:
At first i didn't add anything just water change but as i started stocking more corals i couldn't keep my calcium level up so i started a two part dosing but if you want to dose make sure you test for what you are dosing. But just stay on top of waterchange and you'll be fine. The only reason why i started dosing was because i dont have anytime to do waterchange since i work fulltime and go to school fulltime. But i skim so it helps a lot when i miss waterchanges.

Thanks for the info. I do weekly 20% water changes on my nano and bi weekly 40% changes on my 55 gal cichlid tank. Guess I should be fine. All I want now is a fuge for my nano. I have a spare aquaclear but need to slow the flow.

Back
Top Bottom