Nano reef lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brendans72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone , any recommendation for a lighting for my nano reef I'm in the process of setting up its 120litre (30gallons) 22inch long and 18inch wide don't really want to spend more than $50! Thank guys and gals :)

It's going to be extremely hard to find lighting in that price range. The cheapest you could get for that tank is about $100 - $120 tao panel on eBay Great fixtures, low cost, and can support anything.

Yeah, I couldn't even light my 3G for $50. Lighting for keeping coral is serous stuff, and often can be one of the most expensive parts of setting up a tank.

The Tao panel would work, and that's very cheap compared to what the average light would run you ($250-$400.)

The only thing you could probably find for under $100 is a used fixture, but this is risky as you don't always know the specs or age of the light you're buying.

$50 is going to be pretty much impossible for a reef and a 30g. The Taos like Mac suggested are probably your best bet, 1 unit would cover your tank and allow you to keep any photosynthetic animal you'd like.

Back
Top Bottom