NANO Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bhunsucker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking at starting a Nano Reef Tank. I've been looking at the JBJ 24gal tank but it appears to have breakage issues. If that is the case then I want to stay away from that. I just need pros and cons and what to look for. and what tank to get I've never done SW always FW but would like to try. Thanks

well the Nano-Cubes are not too bad, I have the 12 gallon DX in my office. They are simple to use, have nicely integrated filtration but lack a lot of room for expansion and customization.

Well put macman. I too have a JBJ 12gal Deluxe and am very happy with it. No quality issues that I have found. With the proper modification tothe filtration its a great unit.

Same here ...

I have the 12 gallon JBJ and like stated above ... LOVE IT! If your looking for larger like 24gallon I've heard the Aquapod has a thicker glass and doesn't have the craking issue that JBJ does. Although I've also read that if you get a 2006 model from JBJ they have fixed the crack issue and have no "Reported" problems!

Well IMO wouldnt say hard but its def going to keep you busy :) I dont have a Nano tank however from what i have read it takes more frequent checking than a larger tank does. Such as constant water changes checking of chemical levels and so forth.
Within a year of keeping a marine tank i hope to have a nano in my room :)

HTH

I was just browsing an online fish store and cam across the JBJ 6G nano cube. I really like the idea of a little cubic foot nano tank and may get one for future fun. My question is, has anyone used the 2006 JBJ 6G nano? is the built in filtration enough to make a stable go at it? it's got a 18W 50/50 bulb for 3W's per gallon, but i wonder if that's enough for such a little tank.... i imagine that mods are fairly tricky on such a small system. I like the idea of having it all "wired" and set up if it works good. Any thoughts? would it need a small skimmer too?

Ryan

The six gal is a nice idea, but could use more light. Of tank of this size is really only good to keep small coral frags in and the light it comes with isnot ennough to keep most desired corals. Some mushrooms, polyps and zoos may do okay.

Back
Top Bottom