Nano tank stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bayo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey,

I am at the point that I think I messed everything up. The stock I have in my Fluval Edge 6 gallons seems not adequate for it, so I'm planning to give my 7 fish away (3 neon, 3 platies, 1 panda cory) to a friend of mine that he is more than happy to take them for his 55 gal tank.

My tank is fully cycled, moderate planted with lowtech plants that are doing very good, gravel substrate and drift wood for decor.

As of yesterday, these are my water parameters:

PH: 7.3
Amonia: 0 ppm
Nitrites: 0 ppm
Nitrates: 3 ppm
Temp: 24C (~ 75F)

Well, base on all of the above, what type of fish do you recommend for this nano tank, and how many? Chili Rasboras ok?

I really appreciate your input and thanks for your advice and being part of this learning curve that I'm going through. :)

Best,
Bayo.:fish2:

The footprint for these tanks is:

16.9" x 13.7" x 14.3" high
43cm long by 26cm wide and 22.4cm high

Chillis would probably be fine. AS well as a dwarf specie sof cory. Snails and shrimp are cool too.

talking about snails. I saw one baby snail today in my tank. i do not know where it came from. I was thinking of getting rid of it, but I guess I will just leave it there. It was so tiny that I am not sure if I will see it again.

How many chillis do you recomend to put in the tank?

Cheers.

GodFan said:
Chillis would probably be fine. AS well as a dwarf specie sof cory. Snails and shrimp are cool too.

I wouldn't put Dwarf cories in anything under 10 gals unless theyre the only fish

I think they would be ok. I had pygmys in a 5 because of a tank emergency. They were ok. And looked small lol

Personally, I wouldn't go for any cories in here, but plenty of folks in the nano fish world would find this suitable. If you were to, corydoras pygmaeus or hastatus would be a better fit than habrosus IMO. Hara jerdoni are the only cats I'd put in this footprint. Chili's are so tiny that school of 6 doesn't make a very big mark. Even in a tank this small, I'd add a couple more.

Personally, I wouldn't go for any cories in here, but plenty of folks in the nano fish world would find this suitable. If you were to, corydoras pygmaeus or hastatus would be a better fit than habrosus IMO. Hara jerdoni are the only cats I'd put in this footprint. Chili's are so tiny that school of 6 doesn't make a very big mark. Even in a tank this small, I'd add a couple more.
Thanks for pointing that out. I am poor with the species names :) I have habrosus cories and personally think pygmaeus is much better for this size tank. And as far as chillis I didnt realize they were THAT small!

OH I thought you had chilis. Yeah they are tiny. I'd say about half the size of ember tetras..not in length but girth.

Ok Yea I only have the embers. I am looking for them some friends though as they didnt do enough for my 26 gallon lol

Back
Top Bottom