naoko wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very expensive my lfs got in four. The owner took one home a month ago it is doing very well so he ordered four. Once they start to eat there fine in the fairy wrasse family. Get along well with others.

I have one in my reef tank. The are great fish, doesnt bother any of the other fish and is very hardy

A few questions.

Do they tend to sit at the bottom of the tank with it's dorsal fins up, just kinda hanging out?

Does anyone have a female or know where I can see a pic of one?

That could be it. I have 9 wrasses in my tank and thankfully they dont fight at all

Yeah I think it might be. The Noakoa is changing it's colors and the other one is flashing all it's fins. I have the chance to get another one ( I would rehome the penant to my new tank) but I'd prefer if it was a female. Any pics of a female by any chance? I can't find one.

I dont have any pics of what the females look like. I wouldnt worry about them. If the are not fighting they should be ok. How long have u had them together??

I wouldnt worry about it. Just give them time to adjust to eat other. Remember wrasses are very curious fish so they will check out anything new in the tank. When i put mine inthe tank my 8 other wrasses were checking him out and swimming up to him to him and raising there fins but after a couple of days they just left him alone

Thats good. Just make sure it keeps eating. Me personally when i get a new fish i like to feed more than normal to get them eating well

Back
Top Bottom