National geographic sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have it in my 5g. I swear I've siphoned up half of it. I cover part of the outlet if I'm feeling careful, or if I'm not I rubber band a stocking to the end and rinse the sand before putting it back in. If you have small critters the stocking can be a savings. Found a shrimp that way.

I just bought some of that for my new tank (Petsmart actually had two sizes, same brand and color, and I got the finer stuff). Dunno how it'll work out in the long run, but it has this going for it: it was very clean. After a test bowlful, I didn't wash it at all, and didn't cloud the water even a little.

Lots of floaters, but most sank once I stirred them up. It made weird little floating balls, but those are coming apart since I turned the filter on and filled the tank up the rest of the way.

Yep! They'll make balls around air. I found out the hard way it'll float again if you drain the tank past the sand. D'oh! My scape! If you press down on it, it'll drop right there.

Back
Top Bottom