Natural look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well after I switched to the 36g, I thought the height would bring the light level down by a lot. I guess I'll just have to wait to find out.

Got a question about scaping tools.

I've had some for a year and never found out what this one is for. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419735234.729836.jpg

Those are hemostats,not sure what purpose they'd serve in aquascaping...

Getcha sleeves wet fish tank people!

Hmm I think I'll just keep them out of the tank. I'll be moving everything today. Hope it goes smoothly:)

The move was successful. It'll be a long time before it fills in. It's so bare right now...Eventually, when I can afford it, I'll get pressurized co2. I think ye lighting needs to be switched to cfl's from fluorescent tube. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419884490.635739.jpg

I'm hoping to get a co2 system for my birthday,which is 2 weeks away. What is the best I can get for about $100?

Hmmm...$89 will get an AquaTek Premium regular + solenoid, $24 for a 24 oz Valken paintball tank, $16ish for the PB adaptor, about $10 for CO2 tubing, $10-15 for a drop checker, $10-20 for a ceramic diffuser. Looking more like $160+.
You can save a few bucks and get a regulator+solenoid for paintball tanks (AquaTek Mini) and skip the PB adaptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I guess that' out of the window:ermm: I'll o work around the house to earn money. Maybe by summer or spring I'll have a system set up.:) In the meantime is there any way to get the dwarf lily to spread out more? It's already taking up a 4x4 space, but I think they look better the bigger they get.

Some exciting news!:)
Yesterday I got to watch my emerald cories lay eggs. There's about 70 all together. Some are a tanish color and others are white in the middle. I'm not sure which means they're fertile. I'm happy about it though!:)

Some exciting news!:)
Yesterday I got to watch my emerald cories lay eggs. There's about 70 all together. Some are a tanish color and others are white in the middle. I'm not sure which means they're fertile. I'm happy about it though!:)

The white ones are dead. Tan is the correct colour

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well today all the eggs are gone. Either hatched and hiding or eaten. Sadly all of the star Repens and downoi melted away :( I've also noticed that most of my plants that I've had don't ever grow good roots. They're always thin and shirt roots.

Here's a FTS after moving some stuff around and a PWCImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421803654.005907.jpg
I now have the two dome cfl's on and it's looking good. I do need a co2 source, which is a continuing dilemma.

Kinda feel like I'm talking to myself...that's alright though. They say it makes you smarter.

Ever since I put the cfl's on this tank the star grass has taken off. There's new leaves about every 2 days or so. The swords aren't doing too great; dying leaves and no roots.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422201637.287537.jpg
The rotala mexicana is having speedy growth, along with the aponogeton.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422201652.471877.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422201665.275802.jpg
The dwarf lily is putting out a small leaf almost everyday. I read somewhere that you propagate it by cutting of a plantlet and it will grow its own bulb, so I tried it. There is a huge plant on the main bulb about 6 inches tall with 7 nice leaves.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422201699.525698.jpgThe cut off plantlet is making a new leaf or two. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422201745.945690.jpg

The rotala rotundofolia/indica is starting to color up at the tips, even though it's very short.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422201963.249058.jpg
The pothos has taken off recently. I have some in all of my filters, but it's growing crazily in the 36g.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422202050.505946.jpg
I put a small plant completely underwater as I read that they can grow submerged, but it's 50/50

Here's the FTS
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422202491.872655.jpg

Thank you!!
I am not using co2...yet! I'm hoping to get a system in the coming months.

Looking good! I'm starting a planted tank, too. Yours is definitely giving me inspiration! Can't wait to see more pictures!!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back
Top Bottom