Need ADF advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah_hart81

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently purchased an aquarium off craig's list and it came with an African dwarf frog. I have tried to research this little guy online, but EVERY website contradicts each other on habitat and feeding. How often, of what and how much should I be feeding? I can't get him to eat anything so far (tried bloodworms by hand and with turkey baster with no success). Does he need filtration or is that stressful for them? Can he be in a community tank with fish or does he need his own space? If you have had success with ADFs I could really use some advice on... well everything since the internet sites are so inconsistent on their care.

I think being in a tank with fish stresses aquatic frogs out. They do need a cycled tank with filtration, they're often dirtier than fish. You can try a number of foods, but usually those tadpole pellets work due to the smell they give off in the water. Make sure the gravel is big enough so they can't swallow it.

I have 2 in with my betta and 3 in my community tank. Never seen any signs of frogs or fish being stressed by one another (betta building bubble nests and frogs singing at night). I feed mine tadpole pellets, catfish pellets and bloodworm. I have only seen mine eat once and that was at night with lights off but trust me they eat and can get chubby. You need filter and heater and a good secure lid. Had one of mine escape (managed to save him though). You'll see them floating about and on top of the water. That is why I have them haha. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom