Need advice on white eyes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sheril

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, first time posting, great fish community here! Hoping for some quick help. Last several days I have noticed several fish in my 30 gallon established tank have developed white eyes. Is this a fungal problem? If so other than water changes, what meds can I add to resolve this? I recently lost 2 Cory cats, fine one day and upside down the next. I will try to upload a pic of my large male calico Angel who is now affected. Please help!
Thank you very much!

Attachments

• 1489857934250506470045.jpg
    1489857934250506470045.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 42
What are your water parameters?

Most common cause of cloudy eyes in aquariums is when the water quality is poor, more so when the ph is too low!

Yes, likely poor water, too much ammonia.

If you don't have a way to test, Do 2 30% pwc, one and then the other within a few more hours and check again if you have a test kit. If not do another tomorrow as well. Do not wait, it can become permanent, could be already but may also clear up at least some!!!

Is your tank cycled??? Do you have a test kit to test with?

If not then read the getting started article linked in my signature for great and useful info, after the water changes!!!

Test, do water changes, test, then read or reply the answers for the questions below.

Then also let us know how long the tank has been going and if you rinse or replace the filter pad, and when was the last time you did a pwc, and how often and how much you do them.

What size tank and filter? How many fish and types.

I noticed you said established tank, so I will guess the stocking is not new?
I going to say bacterial. Unfortunately you will probably need antibiotics to treat the tank.This may effect your tanks bacteria as well.
If your parameters are all good then I would definitely consider them as some bacteria thrive in clean water....
Here is a link to eye issues that is easy to use from a great source.
Fish Eye Disorders
Did the cories have any symptoms?
Quick death says columanris to me...I often go with this though ?
This is good link to check out.
http://www.myaquariumclub.com/columnaris-and-what-i-have-learned...-1689.html

If you decide to go antibiotics use Seachem kanamycin and API furan2 at same time.
Plan on treating at least 10 days and know your tank [plants/bacteria] are not going to like it.
Good luck hope the angel gets better.

Back
Top Bottom