Need advice :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rusilja

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello

I have a 4.2 gal tank. (desk lamp als light :D and filter (Nano eckfilter)
I planted HYGROPHILA DIFFORMIS plants (fast growing :cool: )

I need some advice on how many and what type of fish can I hold.

My tank looks like this:
dsc03934p.jpg

4.2 gal isn't very big ... A single betta would be Ok in that small a setup. Other choices might be shrimps, or maybe a couple small livebearers. <Some will quibble with this last choice as they do much better in bigger school ...>

4.2 gal isn't very big ... A single betta would be Ok in that small a setup. Other choices might be shrimps, or maybe a couple small livebearers. <Some will quibble with this last choice as they do much better in bigger school ...>
Betta's aren't small, and 1 fish is boring.
I was thinking of neons, how many can I hold

4-6 neons might do ok in there. My wife has a betta, 3 neons, and a mystery snail in her 5g hex and they do just fine. The betta likes to chase the neons occasionally. He's way too slow to catch them, but it adds some action to the tank.

4-6 neons might do ok in there. My wife has a betta, 3 neons, and a mystery snail in her 5g hex and they do just fine. The betta likes to chase the neons occasionally. He's way too slow to catch them, but it adds some action to the tank.
hehe, funny ^^:-D

do betta's eat neon's or is it just 'action' ? :p

I think you should get 5 or more female bettas... they should always have more than 3 or 4 so they can establish a pecking order, and you will have a peaceful serene little tank....
they're great.... I have 6 of them, and honestly couldnt be happier with their lovely personalities!!

I think you should get 5 or more female bettas... they should always have more than 3 or 4 so they can establish a pecking order, and you will have a peaceful serene little tank....
they're great.... I have 6 of them, and honestly couldnt be happier with their lovely personalities!!
6 betta's lol
That's too much for a 4.2 gal (aprox 18 litre) they can grow up till 6-7cm...

I have big & fast growing plants and I don't think it's a good thing to put big fish inside, thats why I'm thinking of neons, all the plants would just rip off :p

Back
Top Bottom