Need Centerpiece Fish for 55 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm trying to find a good centerpiece. Thinking about Apistos, but maybe you guys have some other ideas. I want something that is sorta sizable, and colorful.
Here's the stocking list:
7 Neon Tetras
6 Zebra Danios/GloFish
2 Red Wag platies (both female)
1 Sunset platy (female)
3 Bumblebee platies (1 male and 2 females)
12 Yellow Tiger Endlers
6 Cories

Any ideas? Thank you!!

P.S. I would appreciate it if you do not talk about the current stocking list in the thread. If you have a concern, please Private Message me. Thank you!

Angelfish are always nice, but not sure how well they would mix with some of your smaller fish.

Angelfish are always nice, but not sure how well they would mix with some of your smaller fish.
I considered those quite a while ago, but they would definitely eat the Endlers, and the Neons would be a snack sooner or later. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Have you thought of a gourami? I don't know, they may be a bit rough for your fish too.. but there are some gorgeous ones, other then the ones at your LFS.

Like this type: Samurai
2447108276_b38de96698.jpg

I would say go for a blue Philippine angel as a centerpiece. As for a gourami I would go opaline

I would get some kind of gourami or maybe a betta if it works out. Maybe a pair of apistos or bolivian rams.

I still say paradise gourami (s)

img_1976748_0_495c9d3ec64ee5cbc4bea7a673a34dd3.jpg

And no, don't get a mated pair. I believe apistos (at least some of them) are harem breeders anyway, so you'd want to accommodate that if you want to breed them.

I still say paradise gourami (s)

img_1976829_0_495c9d3ec64ee5cbc4bea7a673a34dd3.jpg

And no, don't get a mated pair. I believe apistos (at least some of them) are harem breeders anyway, so you'd want to accommodate that if you want to breed them.
I do not want to breed them. I just want some size and color in my tank. What do you guys think about the idea of just getting a male and a female (Not a pair)?

just got a pair of algodon apistos for my 29 gallon planted tank, and im really stoked about them. the way the interact with each other is great to watch, and they leave alone fish that aren't shaped like themselves. ive had gouramis and angels and gouramis in the past, but they just kind of float around with minimal personality compared the the apistos. take your time and look for a rare pair, or even have your lfs special order a pair that no one else will have, you'll love them.

You could do just a pair, but I know you like to maximize your breeding potential, so that's why I recommended it. If you pick a harem breeder then you'd want 1 male to 3 or so females.

Keep in mind that doing this will tie up a lot of bottom space in the tank as the females need to be able to get their own territories set up.

Back
Top Bottom