Need Help ASAP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFanatic88

Aquarium Advice Freak
for those of you that know, my dad bought a JD and put it in his 75 gal community. of course it didnt work so he put it in with my oscar that is 8" and the JD is maybe 2". right bow he is wedged between an ornament and the glass trying to stay away from the oscar. i need to insta cycle a 10 gallon tank in hopes of saving him. i was thinking of using a previously (not currently) used filter and puting a cartridge from my filter in it, then using tank water from my oscar tank. and putting several hand fulls of gravel from 4 different tanks. my thoughts are that i will be getting the maximimum BB possible so it will be like an already established tank. it is an emergency, short term fix. Dont critique, just help me .......please!! I dont want this fish to die!!

You can just fill the tank and add him...just make sure you make daily water changes

Also add a filter cartridge to the established tank from the 10 and let it build up the needed BB then in a couple weeks add it to the 10 and should be instant cycle then. But obviously the most seeded material you can add the better in this situation

You could take the gravel from the old tanks and place that in a media bag (or pantyhose would work as well) into the filter if you don't have any cycled media.

Your plan should work...short-term. I'd still check levels daily and do water changes as needed. Not sure if a bit of media is going to sustain that sort of fish in a 10 gal but it's better than putting him in there with nothing.

Back
Top Bottom