Need help ASAP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ej_b1996

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 bala sharks that are perfectly fine, eating healthy but recently my angelfish had spawned and laid eggs on the heater so I got a piece of glass and suction cups so separate my angels and eggs from the rest of my fish(including he sharks)
However, I check on the sharks this morning and their eyes seem to have been cut by the glass by trying to squeeze in or something
I'm really concerned because I really don't want them to go blind or have their eye staying like this forever
Is there anything I can do?
Please reply ASAP so I can get to it soon
Thanks!

Here are some pictures

Attachments

• image-3143257892.jpg
    image-3143257892.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1631016793.jpg
    image-1631016793.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 68
  • image-3622911934.jpg
    image-3622911934.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3218748700.jpg
    image-3218748700.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 68
Are you sure that both sharks' eyes got cut? It seems unlikely to me. I would think that either they are too crowded and were being aggressive (biting each other), or they're sick/stressed. What are your water parameters?

Oh I haven't though of that

They're most likely stressed out because of the whole angelfish thing

I'm not sure I haven't checked water yet

I read about iodine bath or something? How do I do that?

Oh I haven't though of that

They're most likely stressed out because of the whole angelfish thing

I'm not sure I haven't checked water yet

I read about iodine bath or something? How do I do that?

Before you try to treat something, it would be better to try and diagnose what it is. I would wait a few days and see if they calm down and their eyes clear up on their own. Water params would also give a better idea of what is causing it.

Back
Top Bottom