Need help deciding!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmay33

Aquarium Advice Addict
I wasn't sure where to post this since i'm basically deciding on SW or FW.

Right now, I have 1x10 gallon nano reef, 1x10 gallon planted, 1x30 gallon community, and 1x30 with a crawfish and some rosy red feeders. I have a 55 sitting empty.

Trying to decide whether to turn my 55 into planted a FW community and turn the 30 g community into a reef tank.

Thought about doing the 55 SW, but I think it would end up being about $60 or $70 a month in water changes and at that rate it would have to be my only tank. I'm too attached for that! Lol.

Any opinions on this? I would love to hear about your similar tanks. Thanks in advance!

From personal experience you know what it's like to have a 10g nano- picture that 3X the work...... Though you do have an idea of what you're doing. I would personally want the 55g to be my SW reef- you could use your nano reef as a refugium and you already have the basis for keeping SW cost down. Plus yes, up front is way more money, salt versus fresh, especially when you throw in micromaintaining a nano (anything UNDER 30G)... Once you cross the 30g though and get the more expensive necessary evils, skimmer, circulator and lights you can have a tank that almost sustains itself. I'd do some research, look at others 55g tanks here, maybe you can find one that you like and get that persons advice on it

I bought lights today! I'm starting up a 55 gallon reef tank! :) I will be starting a thread in the SW forums. Thanks for your advice! You helped me talk myself into it. I'm ecstatic!

Back
Top Bottom