need help FAST!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angeladawng

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey there...I think one of my damsels has pop eye so I am going to move him to my 10g QT but my filter isn't working....tried playing with it and nothing. Can I put him in there with just a powerhead until I can get to petco tomorrow after work? I have plenty of melafix to treat him, I am just worried about the filter...thank you

i don't have anything in my qt....I can't catch him anyway so I going to have to treat the display tank

Treating the display tank is not recommended at all.

And you dont need a filter to quarantine

was going to use melafix but am going to wait and keep an eye on him for a week or so. He is still eating like a champ and not swimming in any strange way. From what I have been reading, I get the impression that with frequent water changes, the problem may resolve itself without using meds to treat and is not really contagious. If the problem persists, I will move him to hospital tank and try treating with melafix.

thank you for clarifying the need or lack thereof of of a filter. I have a powerhead and heater...nothing else in there.

If only one eye was affected, it was probably an injury that requires little treatment. Not much you can do except keep him fed well, he should recover even if he looses the eye.

unfortunately, he started getting beat up on by the other two sapphires last night. I found him hiding behind the skimmer pump. his fins are very torn up and his eye looks worse. I caught him and put him in hospital tank with melafix and pimafix. hopefully he will pull through....:(

Back
Top Bottom