need help finding a new lfs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I live in south NJ and I'm interested in a new lfs. I currently use aquarium center, value pet and the hidden reef which are all good but would like somewhere else to go as well. Anywhere close to camden nj would be great.

I think there's a That Fish Place in nj. Ever hear of it?

I have the same question as well. thatfishplace.com is in Lancaster, PA I think. I dont think they have it in jersey

Yeah I was wrong. A buddy told me a couple yrs ago that there was one. I checked it out today n there isn't. Sorry. Where frazer zoo at?

I live about 30 from that fish place. About an hr from king of prussia. Is it worth going there?

I'm an hour from the Zoo too. It is very small and not much in terms of dry goods. If you are looking for healthy frags the Zoo has a ton of frags. There is a good selection of zoas, chalice, lps, and sps all at reasonable prices. Check out their website and give them a call. The guy running the coral section is named Mike and he is very helpful. He can tell you if it's a good time to come in and what he has....especially if your looking for something in particular. If you are looking for dry goods, it is not worth the drive...especially being closer to that fish place. If you are only looking for coral I would take a drive.

hey since you guys live in/around NJ I was wondering if you knew of any upcoming frag swaps in the area?

No. The closest place that I knew of was East Coast Aquatics. they are in Prospect Park, Pa. They had a fire back in June and are trying to rebuild. They would have one every so often. The Delaware Valley Reef Club might be a better forum to check for local stuff.

Im going to visit a place in Ewing, NJ called Heavenly Fish this week (probably 45mins north of you)! They are a large wholesale operation but they sell to the public as well. I will let you know what i find! I visited The Aquarium Center yesterday (an hr & 1/2 drive to get there!!) and was NOT impressed!

Please let us know how it is. I'm not very impressed with the aquarium center either. Ill go there for some dry goods if I'm in a pinch. Their stuff is a little expensive and coral variety is not that good

Did you try the Hidden Reef in levittown pa??? I visited there last week and thought they had a great selection of sw fish & coral!!! But, i dont know alot about sw. They didnt have what i was looking for (panda moor) but they said they would try & find one for me.

Im going to visit a place in Ewing, NJ called Heavenly Fish this week

Im gonna try to get there on Thurs. I just called to confirm that they did indeed sell to public, and they do. The down fall is that they get Thier shipment on Sundays and by the end of the week they are pretty low on stock. And if your going for corals it is not redily available there.

Ill save you a trip to Heavenly Fish-its not 'heavenly'!!!! Went there today. I was even more disappointed than The Aquarium Center! It was dark, the tanks were filthy, i saw some dead fish laying on the floor, and alot of the tanks have signs on them saying 'SICK'. Its a central filtration system...if 1 tank has sick fish, then ALL of the tanks are exposed! What a waste of a drive. I am going to hope Hidden Reef comes through with aquiring what i am looking for!

Sorry to hear it was a waste of time. Dead fish on the floor sounds horrible. I like the Hidden Reef. Prices are decent and live stick is pretty good. I think my next trip will be to Premium Aquatics in Newark Delaware. I have heard some good things about that store. Has anyone been to Ocean's Gallery II in north jersey?

Back
Top Bottom