Need help identfying something...plant maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK so my tank is about done cycling. I have noticed a small looks like a plant maybe on my LR. It is a very light green color. it is only about the size of a BB (actually smaller) Anyways I have noticed that it kinda goes back into the rock sometimes. It definatly doesnt look like a worm, but sometimes when I shine my flahlight on it it will be there just moving in the current. Then I look around the rest of the tank, shine my light back onto the spot where it was and its gone. Few minutes later it is back in its spot. Its to small for my crappy camera to take a pic at so I know Im taking a stab in the dark with my great description lol.

TIA

Sounds possibly like a type of sponge, it may even be a type of worm. But from the description of it it doesn't sound like anything too terribly bad. :)

Without a pic, it's almost impossible to ID your critter. If it's retracting into the rock, I'd guess it's a worm.

well it moves very quick. it looks like a very small push and has like 5 "tenticals" they are all coming out of the same hole on the rock. I tried to take a pic of it but the thing is so small my crappy camera wont focus in on it.

It almost has the appearance of a featherduster. Its a very light pale green.

Dimensions of subject? From that description it could be a polyp (zooanthid) or an anemone...

Back
Top Bottom