Need help identifying a coral/creature?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So no definite answer...

Every body has a different view on it..

Im keeping it then :) if its a glass anemone ill just kill off the other ones :)

How can i relocate this baby?

So no definite answer... Every body has a different view on it.. Im keeping it then :) if its a glass anemone ill just kill off the other ones :) How can i relocate this baby?
I wouldn't risk it if I were you. IMO it wouldn't really help your tank in any way, and relocating it could damage it's foot if it were actually an okay species. Also you can't just kill off the other ones (if its a pest anemone) like that. It took me FOREVER. The treatments are expensive and time consuming, and a pain in the butt! I would soak the whole piece of equipment in hot water to make sure it doesn't spread. Just my 2c. :)

i like it when it went "poof" to open wide up. i would temporarily put it in a small container inside of the tank so that it doesn't go anywhere just in case it's a pest. but it's too much of a daredevil to be an aiptasia.

i like it when it went "poof" to open wide up. i would temporarily put it in a small container inside of the tank so that it doesn't go anywhere just in case it's a pest. but it's too much of a daredevil to be an aiptasia.

How do i move it though ? Its inside the power head.. Is there a trick to get them detached?

It does look like it could be either a majano or aiptasia. The fact that it's inside a powerhead shows that it's most likely a pest as well because they can grow anywhere. Just soak the powerhead in vinegar. It looks like it needs a good cleaning anyways.

Back
Top Bottom