need help my tank is in trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mitcore

Aquarium Advice Regular
the 3ft comm tank has all these diseases in the one tank, yes the one tank

it has
popped eye
fin rot
dropsy
some sort of fungul
some sort of bactrial,

i have treated the tank with a broad spectrum med, but my fish are still dying and fast

help please, i once had roughly 60 small breeds in this tank, i now have 20, and it is dropping daily

no nitrites, no ammonia and 20ppm nitrates, ph 7.0,temp 26 degrees
and small amount of gravel and no plants fake or real

HELP :confused:

When all else fails, I use Maracyn and Maracyn II together. The two combined will knock out just about anything. It is expensive, but when you're losing your entire tank, it may be time for desperate measures. Just be sure to remove the carbon from your filter and increase the aeration. I usually add a second air stone. Depending on what you're dealing with, it may help to SLOWLY reduce the temp in your tank to around 76.

Good luck...

The main thing right now is to discover the underlying causes. How often are you doing water changes? The first thing I would do if it were me is to do a water change of at least 50%. What kind of test kits are you using, liquid or test strips? Test strips are notoriously inaccurate. Have you added anything to the tank recently?

Before treating with any other meds, run some fresh carbon through your filter for 24 hours at least then add the maracyn and maracynII. They are good medicines. Remember to remove the carbon again before adding the meds. Also remember to do the water change before to remove most of the medication you already have.

The packages say that it will not harm your biological filter. And, I have not noticed any "re-cycling" of my tank when I used them.

Back
Top Bottom