Need help! Need to switch filters on cycled tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shellylane

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so I have a 5gallon betta tank that I just successfully fishless cycled. Added my betta and found out that my current filter is just not that great. It is a tetra whisper 3i in tank filter. I don't like it because it's a in tank filter and I'd rather have a hang on back filter that I can fill with my own filter media choice.

I've purchased a azoo AZOO Mignon Filter 60, Aquaclear Biomax filter media and Aquaclear Foam Inserts.

So my question is how do I switch filters without having to redo my fishless cycle

Retain the media from the old filter alongside the new one until the new one can establish beneficial bacteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, just pull the little cartridge out of the 3i and throw it in the back of the new hob. Keep the 3i filter in storage as a back up or add a air stone to it by pulling the tubing off the filter.

Thanks

Thank you for your help. I'll put the old filter media in the new filter with some new filter media and keep an eye on the levels. Again thanks for the help, I'm new to this hobby so the help appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom