Need help on buying a canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klacid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys. I have a no-name canister filter that's about 160GPH, my tank is somewhat heavily stocked and has 55 gallons.

My previous no-name canister (same as current one) has had some problems, I've found a replacement but I'm really not confident in this canister filter type anymore.

The problem is, my country is extremely limited on the choice of aquarium filtration and equipment in general. So I'll have to import one. Considering the shipping prices I'm limited on what I can buy.

Basically, what's the best canister filter that's under or around ~$300 for my type of tank? I've been looking around and found this article on canister filters. They all seem very nice. I'm not sure if anyone has owned any of these filters and if you could tell me which one would be best for a heavily stocked, planted 55gal? The cheaper the better.

Thanks!

I love my sun sun canister I have had no problems, go check out h2o plants on YouTube. The sun sun is all he uses.

I would go with API Filstar XP-L I am using this on my 55 Mbuna cichlids tank and love it. Bought from Dr Smith & Foster on sale for 135 including free shipping .

I got a second hand ehiem off craigslist. YOu can check some of those style sites and get some good deals.

You can get the sun suns off amazon with prime pretty affordably as well and they have good reviews.

Back
Top Bottom