Need help picking a skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vfalzone

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gallon saltwater tank with a small sump. Ive been trying to pick a skimmer for a few weeks now but just can't decided. Ive narrowed it down to the Reef Octopus NWB110 or the SWC Xtreme 120 Conical Protein Skimmer and was wondering what you guys think. Of course im always open to other ideas as well.

I just upgraded to reef oct. Nwb110 from coralife super skimmer.it is freaking awsome coralife never got anything out that smells like this..GET ONE YOU WILL LOVE IT

Hi and welcome to AA!!

I agree with the calhoun family. I got a reef octopus xtreme 200 for my new tank. It started pulling out gunk in 3 days. As for the RO NWB110; I took a look at that skimmer before I ended up going for a bigger tank that needed the XS200. The NWB110 had great reviews when I checked a few months ago. I'd definitely recommend a Reef Octopus.

Octopous it is then. Thanks for the help guys. I'll be ordering it later today.

both of those skimmers are excellent choices and will work well. i would probably go with the swc cone due to it's footprint.
MSX, SWC, and octopus are all cloned from one another. all are high quality.

Unfortunately they were just a little to big for my sump and before I could figure out how I wanted to fix the problem I found a reef octopus bh 1000. It was only $100 brand news so I went with that. But thanks for the help anyways.

Back
Top Bottom