Need help with lighting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irocjr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok guys. I have a eclipse system 12g that was given to me. It's been up and running for a little while. It only had my male betta Spike in it. When I got the tank the filter was missing parts so I just went out and got a aquaclear 30 for it and modified the hood to fit it.

I noticed the light in the hood didn't look to healthy. Well today after I did a water change I noticed a strange smell. My light was melting!! Luckily I caught it before I started a fire. So now I need a new light. I know this hood limits the lights that will fit. I want to go with LEDs but don't want to hurt my wallet.
I have about 17" x 4" of space that I can mount a fixture into the hood.
I was looking at the Marineland hidden led light. Seems nice for the price. And I'm sure I could fit it into the hood. Maybe even two if the need arose. Pulse these are in stock at my local petsmart.

Sorry for the long post. My question is, will this light be enough for some low light plants? I want to add some live plants to keep my Betta happy. Plus I have a Marimo ball in there that I dint want to die.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1430153458276.jpg
    1430153458276.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 55
Well just for some closure. I got the Hidden led lights from Marineland. The 17" model fit perfect in the lid to the Eclipse 12 gallon. I just used a couple of screws through the lid to hold it on. They look Amazing compared to the 13 watt cfl that comes with that tank. And the moonlight looks great too.

The tanks a little bare for now. I'll be getting some plants soon. I hope if anyone else is looking for a lighting solution for this tank they can find this thread and get some ideas.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1430448022300.jpg
    1430448022300.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 1430448036331.jpg
    1430448036331.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom