Need New Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Petalas82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need to get a new light for my 75 gal tank. I stated off with a Coralife T5 2 bulb light. But now I have bought some coral and I need a better light. I would love to get a LED but I have heard good and bad about them. I did find "Coralife Lunar Aqualight HO T5 Aquarium Light". Would like some help on this one, I want a light that will be great for any kind of coral I get and looks great when the light is on.

Thanks

Taotronics LEDs seem to work well and are economically priced. They are available on eBay.

What are the positives/negatives you have heard on LEDs? A lot of folks are going to them... lower energy consumption and operating temperature are great features... but there is a huge variety of LEDs out there, and most are not ideal or even capable for sustaining a reef tank.

I have the taotronics led's, they run about $150 on ebay each. The led's definitely put out ALOT of light so that shouldnt be a concern/

Back
Top Bottom