Need opinions skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to the lfs. He just got his coralife shipment in. He had about 15 skimmers all from the ss65 to the ss220 and the cone skimmers, gave me one to take home and try out its the only one that fits my current system and can handle 125 gallons. My system is about a total of 88 or 89 gallons

You should always pick a skimmer rated for 1.5 to 2 times your total system volume anyway. So it's the SS125 then? That's ok I guess. Definitely not the 65.

Its a deecent skimmer and its already pulling blackgunk, my lfs is verysupportive of me trying this skimmer. The 125 was basically meant to fit my sump it seems either in sump or hob

It should work ok for your system. Bear in mind that most skimmers should be pulling skimmate almost immediately. Every one I've tried did, except the aqua-c remora :nono:

Im dry skimming, is that better the wet skimming? Mr x i have a picture of it running on my thread called. New tank transfer, maybe you could take a look?

Back
Top Bottom