need real help fast no joke --- injured fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strokinbyeu

Aquarium Advice Freak
i need some real help fast i just fed my fish and waited 20 mins and turned out the lite and 2 mins later i herd a loud splash and thum against the top of my tank i turned the lite back on and my big bala shark its upside down bleeding but still alive. i tryed to put him in a bucket (the only thing i have for qt) and he was trying to jump out. what should i do iv never had n injured fish b4 help me plz

Attachments

• hurt bala.jpg
    hurt bala.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 107
hes kinda swimming ok hes uprite now but gasping for air(what ever a fish dose) and seams disorented i had to rite him with the net he was just laying on his sid b4 his peck fins have blood at the base and his gills have blood under the scales kinda like a bruse is he gona be ok has any1 had this b4

Attachments

• bala fin.jpg
    bala fin.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 102
  • bala hurt 1.jpg
    bala hurt 1.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 102
thank u very much he seems like hes gona be ok hes swimming and playing with his lil bala buddy im getting ready to do a water chang now after reading that tid bit. ill keep u posted

He was prob just in shock from hitting the top of the tank, like dk said I would just keep up on the water changes so it doesn't get infected.

thanks everybody, hes looking real good today jsut a lil bit of blood under his gills but the blood at the base of the pec fins is gone. i cant find any cut of open wonds on him but i imagen the blood uner the gills is like a bruse to us. im glad i was setting 10ft away when he did it or im not sure if he would have been so good again thanks evreyone for ur input

hes lookin great everybody just a lil bit of red under his gills prob b gone 2mro. prob wasnt as bad as i made thought it was but hes my oldest fish had him for almost 2years now. thankd 4 all ur help

Back
Top Bottom